Friday 17 December 2010

Christmas? What Christmas?



So it's a week until Christmas and I haven't said anything about it yet.

Wait, I have! That's done. Thank God. (You can tell that I haven't got any presents for anyone yet, or put up any decorations or the tree.)

Anyway.

It has become apparent that in 2011, I will be very busy.

The Junior Cert - For the uninitiated, if we all went to Hogwarts (!) I'd be doing my OWLs. 'shudder' Mocks in six weeks time, which is basically the same exam, but a little harder.


Kilkenny Youth Theatre - Remember a few months ago, when I kept talking about a strange play about vampires? Yeah, that's happening again. Only with less vampires and the teenage characters are undoubtedly human. Although I'm trying to get my castmates to come around to the idea of zombies. They're not budging. Killjoys. Oh, and the play is 'Paving Paradise' by Richard Conlon, if you're interested in coming. (COME COME COME)

Red Square Kibosh - So do you remember that thing I did during the summer where I became an art critic and everything? That didn't end when school came around. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make any of the meetings since September, thanks to Number One up there. However, I was able to meet with the group a few weeks ago and we have gotten the opportunity to raid the archives of the Butler Gallery and curate our own art exhibition! But the months in which the exhibition will be open are May, June and July. June is the month of Number One, so I'm not sure if I will be able to do this. But I'll be damned if I won't try. That was what I said before Number Four. (Wait! What if I'm not allowed to say anything about that yet? Shit! Shit shit shit!)

Something That Is Absolutely Brilliant, I Can Assure You, But I'm Not Going To Tell You About It Yet Until A Bit More Time Passes - Sorry. But because of this, there is a very good chance that I probably won't be able to help curate the art exhibition. Interestingly, if it weren't for the Red Square Kibosh I would never have done this. But there you are. Irony, and life, and things.

And that's what I'll be doing for a good bit of 2011. Mostly until the summer time. Longer if I'm allowed back to kibosh things. Hopefully. I hate the taste of coffee, but maybe I should start drinking it. For the caffeine, you know? Ugh, no. I can't bear it. Tea and Coke it is!

Eleanor Roscuro

1 comment:

Emma :) said...

Pfft, TRY NEWTS. Anyway, it sounds like you have a very exciting year ahead of you. This is a good thing, kay? :D