Monday 29 November 2010

Alternative Blogging Week - The Fashion Blog



Good afternoon, today is Monday, the first day of Alternative Blogging Week 2010! Hooray! Today, I will be blogging about fashion.

Originally, I was going to talk mostly about my style, but something happened. Something monumental.

It started to snow.

And it didn't stop.

Nope.

Not yet.

And I am very, very cold.

I mean, Valentia in Co. Kerry, a few miles away from where my dad grew up, is the same distance from the equator as Moscow in Russia! The only reason it used to be sunny is because of the North Atlantic Drift, that drifted warmth from America up to the Irish coast, and in the past few years, that's started drifting away. My theory is that it drifted up to the icebergs and melted them. Anyway, so now it's really cold. And I thought to myself 'Shit. I need to write about fashion, something I don't understand, and it's really cold out. What am I to do?' But because I'm brilliant, I did this:

It's Really, Really Cold OutPolyvore is quite fun. But anyway.



I'm not really into shopping, or fashion. I really should have thought of that before starting this post, shouldn't I? Yep. But I have to admit, fashion is something outside my comprehension. OK, so you say you use fashion to be unique. You are not unique. You will never be unique. Some teenagers, for instance, wear Converse to be unique from their peers. Millions of people, all over the world, wear Converse. The people that you don't like, that you want to be unique from, probably wear Converse too.


Depressing, isn't it? Sorry.

And I know you might be thinking 'Hey Eleanor, maybe you should just go around naked then!' Well, there are people who do that. They are called nudists. If you are a nudist, you're not unique. You are a nudist. Also, weren't you listening to anything I've said? It's fucking snowing outside. No thanks!

So what can fashion be used for? The answer seems to be... for fun.

Fun? I know. Weird, isn't it?

Monday is slipping away now, so while I'm fashion blogging...

PENNEYS/PRIMARK FORCE CHILDREN TO MAKE THEIR CLOTHES FOR ALMOST NO PAY IN SWEATSHOPS, LEAVING THE CHILDREN WITH NO EDUCATION AND OFTEN INJURIES. BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Tomorrow, Musings will become a Political and Current Affairs blog!

Eleanor Roscuro

1 comment:

Finn said...

I got those exact Converse last Christmas!