Today is Tuesday, 17th of August. I am returning to school on Tuesday 31st August. That leaves me fourteen days. All I can really say is... Urgh. And I'm going into THIRD YEAR. For those of you who don't know, in the Irish secondary schooling system there are two exam years out of the six years in secondary school. Those are third year and sixth year. I am very, very worried. And whenever anyone says 'Don't worry Eleanor, it's only the Junior Cert!' I get even more panicked, I don't know why. So none of you are to comment that, you here me?
I'm going to make a list, because that'll cheer me up.
Good Things About Going Back To School:
- The chance to do better then last year.
- The chance of working on the school magazine.
- The comfort in knowing that whatever happens, I'll get an A in history.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One.
- My birthday.
- The birthday of this blog.
- I can actually wear jeans without fuss.
- If I get into trouble for something, I can blame it on 'exam stress'...
- The three days a week of supervised study at school, away from all the distractions at home... Oh look! An electrical socket!
- Fingerless gloves.
- Re-decorating my locker again and again and again!
- New stationary! I love buying stationary...
- The comfort in knowing that no matter how bad things may get, at least Regina George doesn't go to my school.
- The handiness of school uniform.
- Curling up in front of the fireplace with a cup of tea.
- Glee, Gossip Girl, The X Factor...
- My school's (kind of) relaxed policy on hair colour!
- The pressure to finish Fresia.
- Skulduggery Pleasant: Mortal Coil.
- Script Frenzy.
- The chance to (hopefully!) be better organized then last year.
- The chance to try to be nicer to people.
Things aren't that bad after all! When I get back to school, I'll print this out and put it in my locker, so if I ever feel disheartened, I can look at that and say 'I've got Barnstorm next week!' I'll keep you posted on my educational escapades...