Tuesday 17 August 2010

School.


Today is Tuesday, 17th of August. I am returning to school on Tuesday 31st August. That leaves me fourteen days. All I can really say is... Urgh. And I'm going into THIRD YEAR. For those of you who don't know, in the Irish secondary schooling system there are two exam years out of the six years in secondary school. Those are third year and sixth year. I am very, very worried. And whenever anyone says 'Don't worry Eleanor, it's only the Junior Cert!' I get even more panicked, I don't know why. So none of you are to comment that, you here me?

I'm going to make a list, because that'll cheer me up.

Good Things About Going Back To School:

  • Barnstorm.
  • The chance to do better then last year.
  • The chance of working on the school magazine.
  • The comfort in knowing that whatever happens, I'll get an A in history.
  • Barnstorm.
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One.
  • My birthday.
  • The birthday of this blog.
  • I can actually wear jeans without fuss.
  • If I get into trouble for something, I can blame it on 'exam stress'...
  • The three days a week of supervised study at school, away from all the distractions at home... Oh look! An electrical socket!
  • Barnstorm.
  • Fingerless gloves.
  • Re-decorating my locker again and again and again!
  • New stationary! I love buying stationary...
  • The comfort in knowing that no matter how bad things may get, at least Regina George doesn't go to my school.
  • The handiness of school uniform.
  • Curling up in front of the fireplace with a cup of tea.
  • Barnstorm.
  • Glee, Gossip Girl, The X Factor...
  • My school's (kind of) relaxed policy on hair colour!
  • The pressure to finish Fresia.
  • Skulduggery Pleasant: Mortal Coil.
  • NaNoWriMo.
  • Script Frenzy.
  • The chance to (hopefully!) be better organized then last year.
  • The chance to try to be nicer to people.
  • Christmas.
Things aren't that bad after all! When I get back to school, I'll print this out and put it in my locker, so if I ever feel disheartened, I can look at that and say 'I've got Barnstorm next week!' I'll keep you posted on my educational escapades... 


Eleanor Roscuro

6 comments:

Finn said...

I'm going into sixth year this year. You can not even contemplate how nervous I am.
I get you being worried about the JC, I was terrified but as you go through the year you realise that doing the best you can is all you can do. I was always striving to study as much as my friends and have as many notes as the smart girl in class but then I realised that their ways didn't suit me. So just find your own rhythm and you'll do grand!

Eleanor Roscuro said...

Thank you for your kind words! I'm sure you'll do grand as well! Just enjoy yourself!

Ariella said...

What's Barnstorm?

And you also just explained some things about the Harry Potter books to me...

And what do your school uniforms look like? Because I go to a private school (For one more year only! :'-( ] and we don't even wear uniforms.

Eleanor Roscuro said...

Ariella,

1. Barnstorm Theatre Company is a theatre company in Ireland who I train with every year. I usually call it Kilkenny Youth Theatre, because that's the name of the teenage group. You might recognise KYT from other posts, I think I've mentioned it...

2. Did I? What did I explain?

3. White shirt (not blouse, even though it's a girl's school), green tie, tartan skirt, navy tights or knee socks, navy jumper with school crest and black school shoes, usually pumps.

Emma :) said...

God I love school uniform.
Or rather, miss school uniform; I don't have to wear it any more and picking outfits that don't make me look like Hannah Montana's eccentric grandmother is surprisingly difficult.

NaNowRiMo, Deathly Hallows, Christmas, winter, see? Summer is nothing. All anyone does in the summer is relax.

(Which is obviously a terrible, terrible thing.)

I thought Barnstorm was some kind of secret party circuit of pranks or plays or poetry readings held in barns until I read your comments. Very sad indeed.

But I like the idea of printing your list out for your locker! Sounds like a good idea. I may just do that...

Brónagh Kennedy said...

I do the same thing every year, make a list that is.
Although I have never found our uniform a cause for celebration :P I wish we wore our own clothes!!!
And Barnstorm is one of the best parts of the week! Cant wait to get back to it! Im really curious to meet the new members!!!
Brónagh