Thursday 8 July 2010

WTF? - Randomness

Hello, and welcome to WTF?, the part of the show where I get angry about something.

Today, that thing is RANDOM.

Seriously, I am SICK of people being 'random'. Hang on, let's clarify what random actually means first.

According to dictionary.com, it means:

(adjective) proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason or pattern

OK, so now we now what the word random really means, but usually when people say the word random they say 'OMG Im soooooooooo random!!!!!!!! lolz!!! ;)' and it makes me really mad, and not just because of the terrible spelling, grammar and punctuation, which also makes me really mad. Those people have made the word random meaningless. For example...

musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings musings

After reading all those musings, the word becomes meaningless and you don't really see it anymore. I know that's what happened to me when I typed them, try it. And apparently being 'random' is cool. How can people be random! You can't! People just say they're random so other people will think they're original, when they're not. It really makes me sick. Ugh!

STOP BEING RANDOM!!!

It's like the formula for being cool. To be 'cool', you must not want to be cool, and you musn't care about what other people think of you. Then, one day, you will wake up, and you will have become cool.

I got that from The Great Big Glorious Book for Girls. But there is no way to be random. It's just not human.

On a lighter note, this is my one-hundredth and forty-ninth post on Musings! This means my next post will be my one-hundredth and fiftieth post. Good to see I haven't totally wasted the last nine months of my life then... Anyway, I asked on Facebook and Twitter for ideas to do something special to celebrate, and since no one replied (grumble) I thought of one on my own. Which will hopefully be published tomorrow. See you then!

High-Fives,

Eleanor Roscuro

2 comments:

Alexa. said...

If the point of everyone being "random" is to be original but everyone does it... isn't no one original? And therefore, no one "random"?

Eleanor Roscuro said...

Exactly!