Wednesday 30 June 2010

Music at Musings - Marina and the Diamonds, Wallis Bird, The Fratellis, One Night Only, B.o.B


Good afternoon everyone! Is anyone watching the Leinster Hurling Final today? COME ON KILKENNY! Oh, sorry about that. It comes out sometimes.

Anyway, welcome to Music at Musings, the part of the show where I show you some new songs that I am quite fond of. Because I'm nice like that. Let us begin!

Marina and the Diamonds - Oh No!

Oh No! has always been one of my favourite songs from The Family Jewels, and I'm so glad it has a music video now! I love Marina, and how sometimes she can be sexy, and quite vulnerable at the same time. And she looks great with red lipstick. This video is so much fun to watch, with the comic graphics, and the bubblegum moves, and the pretty dresses Marina wears, especially the dollar note one, and the dress with a map of the Mediterranean. The lyrics are so fun to sing!


Marina and the Diamonds - Starstrukk feat. Katy Perry (Live Lounge)

While searching for the video for Oh No!, I found this. I have always been a huge fan of the Live Lounge (I think I'll do a post on it soon...) but I've always hated this song, as performed by 3Oh!3. But Marina and the Diamonds + Live Lounge + violins = happy me.



Marina and the Diamonds - Obsessions

(Don't worry, this is the last Marina video... today.) I've always loved this song. The lyrics are so honest, and I have them by heart, even though you can't help but sympathize with Marina, and her IKEA diamond! Although it looks gorgeous at the end... And her feline jumper is beautiful!



Wallis Bird - La La Land

I know the first song to come to mind with that title might be the Demi Lovato version, but I think this is much better. Wallis Bird won a Meteor last year for Best Female, and God did she deserve it. Plus, she uses a kazoo. A KAZOO. I'm going to let that sink in.



The Fratellis - Creeping Up The Backstairs

One of the things that's great about The Fratellis is that they don't take themselves too seriously. Their songs are always so much fun! No wonder Flathead was used for that iPod ad. Creeping Up The Backstairs reminds me a little bit of the '50s... And it also reminds me of adventure, the unknown of a starry night. No, seriously, it does.



One Night Only - Say You Don't Want It

One starry night, a little girl curled up on her couch, all alone, and surfed the music channels, looking for guidance, inspiration, and cute indie boys. Then, on MTV Rocks, she found a video that seemed to match her tastes, and liked it very much. And then, all of sudden, she espied Emma Watson in the music video, Emma Watson being one of the little girl's Inspiro-Girls. And then her brother came home and stole the remote, changing the channel from MTV Rocks to Disney Channel, so she watched the rest on Youtube.



B.o.B - Airplanes feat. Hayley Williams

I've waited months for this video to come out, and it didn't disappoint. I'll be the first to admit that I don't like rap or hip hop, but I really like this. Maybe I should broaden my tastes a bit...



And that is it for Music at Musings today! Just one word of advice: Werther's Original Butter Toffees taste lovely with a glass of milk. At least, it does to me. That's what's kept me going all day!

High-Fives,

EleanorLight

No comments: