Saturday 30 January 2010

My Worst Best Friend


I read this brilliant book recently and just had to recommend it to somebody, so I thought, Why not the lovely people who read my blog?

My Worst Best Friend, by Dyan Sheldon, author of Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, is about two teenage girls named Gracie and Savannah. Savannah Zinkle is glamourous, turns heads everywhere she goes and can twist people around her little finger, while Gracie Mooney is too worried about the state of the planet to care about the latest fashions. Nevertheless, opposites attracted in this case and the two girls have been BFFs for years, until Gracie realises that Savannah is very good at lying and manipulating to get what she wants. And when this involves a boy Gracie likes, things get ugly...

This book is witty, fun and completely engrosses you, while at the same time being enjoyable to read. And we can identify with at least one of the characters in this novel, because they are so true to real life. And that's what makes a book a hit, characters that reflect humanity. Isn't it?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesn't sound like a book i would read but it does sound good and the cover looks pretty cool :)

Eleanor Roscuro said...

The cover is really eye-catching! Stupid ad people...

Jessica Samantha said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm looking for it in Amazon.com as I type ;)